Make A Donation


Be a sponsor:

The Mount Carroll Township Public Library has many sponsorship opportunities.  These include programs, coupon donations, prize contributions, etc.  For more information on how you can help the Library by being a sponsor, please email Director Kim Riley at

Make a Memorial or Honor Donation:

For information regarding a donation toward the purchase of materials in memory of, or in honor of, someone special, please email Director Kim Riley.  An acknowledgement will be sent to the donor and the family (or other designee), and a bookplate is placed inside the book's cover.

Books and Media Donation

What can I donate?
We welcome the following books and media:
Books in good condition, clean, dry and mold-free
Audio books
Commercially made DVDs

We are unable to accept the following items:
Anything that is unhealthy to handle, or dirty, moldy, smelly, burnt, chewed, or wet.
Books without covers
Magazines, catalogs, Bibles, board books
Computer software and CD-ROMS
Textbooks or manuals more than three years old

Where do book donations go?
Any material donated to the Library becomes the property of the Library and may be added to the collection according to the collection development policy.  Items not added to the collection may be offered for sale by the Library or the Friends of the Library during booksales.  All book sale proceeds are used to benefit Mount Carroll Township Public Library.

How do I make a donation?
Donated books and media are accepted at the Mount Carroll Township Public Library circulation desk.  All donations must be ouright and unconditional.  Upon request, staff will provide you with a dated receipt for tax purposes.  Library staff cannot provide assistance in bringing donations into the library.

Are non-monetary donations tax-deductible?
Yes, your donation is tax deductible as a charitable contribution to the extent permitted by law.  Upon request, staff will provide a dated receipt form for income tax purposes.  Staff will not assign a value to the donated items.  Contact the IRS for information regarding donations.